Monday, December 27, 2004

My First Blog

Welcome to my first blog. As much as I love computers and the internet, I didn't see the point in stashing away my opinions until some time that I could get on my desktop and surf to my blog post site. And I sure as heck don't want to subject these opinions to just a few people, when the entire world is waiting, with bated-breath, to hear my tome on the state of 2.75346593 generation wireless GPS services for the food services industry. (Oohh, that does sound good, doesn't it?) Real life happens in real time, not at 11:30 pm when I'm surfing. Even I admit that my late night surfing is pretty disconnected from my real life. Then again, maybe I'm just impatient, and want to move on after an event of note.

Well, now I can share my observations via e-mail posts. I live with a T-Mobile BlackBerry 7230 on one hip for constant communication, and a T-Mobile iPAQ 6315 on the other for reference and entertainment (MP3's and work documents). Between these two devices, I should be able to update this site when my mood and my technology move me. I will not post every day. And then again, I may post several times a day. Only time will tell.

Despite my blog url, there are no luddites here. Quite the contrary. This is a Wireless Wonk Weblog. Luddites are welcome to join the conversations, but will find little support or sympathy in these postings.

Please feel free to comment on my thoughts and opinions. Despite my confidence in their undebatable fact and accuracy, you may disagree. Please do. As a geek, I have come to terms with the fact that I see technology from a different perspective than most people. If it appears that I see technology through rose colored glasses, understand that it is just the glow of all of the LEDs on my desk, in my pockets, or at my office. I don't want this to be just a blog with pictures of my latest PDA, and my review of the Bowling For Soup concert I downloaded in .avi format to my 12 GB SD micro-mini card so I could play it on my Captain Cody 2006 Decoder Ring. There is PLENTY of that out here somewhere, I'm not interested in that any more than you are, I hope.

Thanks for hanging with me this long. See you soon.

1 comment:

John said...

Think the Vikings are going to LUCK into the playoffs this weekend?

(gratuitous excuse for a comment)